Wednesday, April 5, 2023

CELINE DION; BLOG # 2385; FRI MAR 31,2023

THE COMEBACK:







DID YOU SAY I WAS FULL OF WISDOM?




I KNOW I SAID YOU WERE FULL OF 
SOMETHING



THE MESSAGE:

Celine Dion has revealed that she has been diagnosed with Stiff Person Syndrome (SPS), a rare neurological disorder with features of an autoimmune disease.

Stiff Person Syndrome is a rare condition for which there is no cure. It is characterised by fluctuating muscle rigidity in the trunk and limbs and a heightened sensitivity to stimuli such as noise, touch, and emotional distress. These symptoms, can set off sudden muscle spasms. Abnormal postures, such as  hunched over and stiffened, are also characteristic of the disorder. People with SPS can may not be able to walk or move. They are afraid to leave the house because street noises, such as the sound of a horn, can trigger spasms and falls. Most individuals with SPS have frequent falls due to a lack of the normal defensive reflexes. Some injuries are described as serious. There is yet no cure for SPS; however, there are  anti-anxiety medicines and muscle relaxants that can be used to slow down its progression.

TONY TODAY: 

The condition causes Celine's muscles to spasm uncontrollably. She knows that It has led to difficulties walking and singing. As a result she will be unable to play scheduled  shows in the year 2023 in the UK and mainland Europe. I've been dealing with problems with my health for a long time, said Dion, and it's been really difficult for me to face these challenges and to talk about everything that I've been going through. Unfortunately, the spasms affect every aspect of my daily life, sometimes causing difficulties when I walk and not allowing me to use my vocal chords to sing the way I'm used to.

 



BRIEF HISTORY


In 2014, the diva, whose ballad My Heart Will Go On, from the Titanic soundtrack, won the Oscar for best song. Dion said she was putting her career on hold indefinitely as her husband René Angélil battled cancer. Although her performances resumed a year later, she stepped away from the stage again in early 2016, following the tragic deaths of both Angélil and her brother, Daniel Dion. She eventually returned with the 2019 studio album Courage, which featured collaborations with Sia, Sam Smith and David Guetta. Dion  reassures her fans that she has a great team of doctors working alongside her to help her get better. Celine also stated that her 'precious children' were supportive and very helpful. She further explained that she was working hard with a sports medicine therapist every day to build back  her strength and the ability to perform again. Dion proclaims "I have to admit it's been a struggle. All I know is singing. It's what I've done all my life and it's what I love to do the most. I miss you so much. I miss seeing all of you and being on the stage, performing for you." 


MUSIC:




0:04 / 3:35


No comments: